Welcome to Year 4
We are Team Marvel-ous!
Class Teachers- Mrs Culshaw (every morning ) and Mrs Davies (afternoons.)
Teaching Assistants – Mrs Ashcroft, Mrs Stanley, Mrs Higginbottom
Mrs Stanley teaches us on Friday afternoons
Here are some important things you need to know about Year 4:
P.E. occurs on Tuesdays and Thursdays so please make sure kits are in school. Long hair should be tied back and no earrings worn.
Homework usually follows this pattern:
- Spellings are set on a Friday for a test on the following Wednesday.
- Reading should occur daily if possible and children should be encouraged to write a comment about their book in the weekly planner;
- Children should practise their multiplication tables regularly;
- Other homework, from across the curriculum, will be set on a Friday and should be in on a Tuesday.
- Please click on the links below to look at the year group expectation. Please note that this is an expectation for the end of the year group. Some children will be consolidating work from previous years. Please feel free to check other year group expectations.
An overview of Year 4 mathematics:
Year 4 Mathematics Yearly Overview
Please click on the link below to read the Lancashire Curriculum overviews for Year 1-Year 6:
Lancashire Curriculum Overview