Welcome to Year 5: We are the Cool Crocs!
Class Teacher – Mrs. A Harrison
Teaching Assistants – Miss Haddon, Mrs. Wignall, Mrs Ashcroft, Mrs Stanley
HLTA – Mrs Devlin who teaches us on Thursday afternoons.
Here are some important things you need to know about Year 5:
P.E. occurs on Tuesdays (swimming) and Thursdays so please make sure kits are in school.
Homework usually follows this pattern:
- Spellings are set on a Friday and tested the following week;
- Reading should occur daily and children should be encouraged to write a comment about their book;
- Children should practise their multiplication tables regularly;
- Other homework, from across the curriculum, will be set on Friday and should be in for the following Tuesday;
- In Year 5 there may also be a creative or research-based activity set on an ad hoc basis.
A morning snack is available – if you are interested please ask Mrs Jones for details of how much it costs.
Please click on the links below to look at the year group expectations. Please note that this is an expectation for the end of the year group. Some children will be consolidating work from previous years. Please feel free to check other year group expectations.
Reading Progression Y1 Y6
Writing Progression Y1 Y6
Maths Progression Y5
An overview of Year 5 mathematics:
Year 5 Mathematics Yearly Overview
Please click on the link below to read the Lancashire Curriculum overview for Year 1-Year 6:
Lancashire Curriculum Overview Year 5